The type of insurance required depends on how the golf cart will be used. We highly encourage you to reach out to your insurance agent to verify if they will cover the activity, what things would be covered (i.e. liability, theft, fire, etc.), and how much financial coverage they will extend. Here are a few examples (this is not meant to be all inclusive and is provided for general reference only);

  • If rented for personal use on your personal property: Proof of homeowners insurance or renters insurance showing liability coverage which is usually included on your policy. Golf cart specific insurance is also acceptable.
  • If rented for personal use on your personal property and in a private community (i.e., RV Resort): Golf Cart specific insurance will most likely be required by the Property Manager. Please check with your community management for their minimum requirements.
  • If rented for special events, government, or commercial use: A Certificate of Insurance from your business liability insurance carrier that lists J6 Golf Cart Rentals LLC as an additional insured is required.

If you don’t have any of these insurances that’s ok! Call us today and we will help you find the right type of coverage and can even recommend insurance agencies based on your specific needs. We may be offering in house insurance options in the near future for those needing coverage.